Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine (osteochondrosis) is a degenerative-dystrophic lesion of the intervertebral discs, as a result of which the intervertebral discs themselves, vertebrae and joints of the cervical spine are damaged, a decrease in the height of the intervertebral discs is observed. If left untreated, the disease progresses and can lead to headaches, circulatory problems and even a hernia.
Cervical osteochondrosis is the cause of acute pain that is poorly relieved by medication. The use of folk remedies allows you to get rid of the unpleasant symptoms of this disease and does not harm the body. They are used as a supplement along with conservative therapy, physiotherapy, massage and increase the chances of recovery.
Features of an unconventional approach
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine with folk methods is carried out under the supervision of a specialist. The disease itself is considered dangerous, therefore, without qualified medical care, it quickly progresses, leading to a number of complications. An unconventional approach is used by doctors when detecting serious contraindications or acute intolerance to anti-inflammatory drugs. The main features of the treatment are therefore:
- The minimum number of side effects and availability for all populations.
- As part of proven recipes, only natural ingredients are used, which increases the safety of their use.
- High efficiency of treatment with the right approach.
- The possibility of combining traditional therapy, massage, exercise therapy, physiotherapy with methods of traditional medicine.
- Low probability of developing side effects, depending on the dosage and duration of the course.
- Successfully relieves inflammation and pain, eliminates muscle spasms, stabilizes the central nervous system.
- The ability to cook everything yourself from quality ingredients, the whole process is simple and does not require special knowledge and training.
- The treatment takes place at home.
Alternative methods allow you to achieve stable remission and stop the progression of the disease, increase immunity and improve the general condition of the patient. Due to the natural composition, the likelihood of side effects or the development of complications is low.
The main methods and means of treatment
Cervical osteochondrosis is manifested by a number of unpleasant symptoms. Many patients complain of decreased vision or hearing, the occurrence of tinnitus, increased fatigue, muscle, tooth and headache pains, and the inability to fully perform simple exercises due to stiffness. To combat them, various methods and recipes of traditional medicine are used, namely:
All components for proven recipes are available in every pharmacy and are usually cheap. This applies not only to herbal preparations, but also to beekeeping products (bee venom, propolis, perga), snake venom, aromatic oils and more.
The best compresses for neck pain
Treatment of cervical chondrosis with folk remedies is better to start with the use of various types of rubbing and compresses. Local exposure warms the area, reduces the manifestation of pain, improves blood circulation and reduces inflammation. Do the procedure several times a day, usually no more than five. The set exposure time must not be exceeded. The best recipes for compresses are:
- It is necessary to find fresh horseradish leaves and pour boiling water over them. After the solution has cooled a little and infused, gauze is wetted in it and applied to the sore spot. All this is better not to do at night. Thanks to special components, such an effect relieves pain well.
- Take fresh cottage cheese, knead it well and add a little vinegar. The resulting mass is evenly applied to the neck area. On top of the compress you need to wear a scarf or put a warm towel. All this is kept for at least 12 hours, so it is most often recommended to do it at night.
- Ordinary turpentine has proven itself well in the fight against cervical osteochondrosis. Water is added to 200 g of rye flour and a firm cake is formed. It is infused for two days, after which turpentine is applied to the sore spot, covered with dough and wrapped in a scarf. While the discomfort is tolerable, all of this must be held, then removed and the area rinsed with warm water.
- Effectively relieves inflammation and pain honey and potatoes. To do this, peeled tubers are grated on a coarse grater, mixed in half with a natural beekeeping product and applied to the sore spot. Place paper and a clean rag on top. Hold for 2 hours, then rinse with water and dry the area. Rub fir oil into skin.
Eggs, vodka, aloe juice with honey, garlic and kerosene are also used as the main ingredients for compresses for osteochondrosis. With some products, it is particularly important to note the dosage and exposure time, as they can cause burns if used carelessly.
Rubbing for the neck with osteochondrosis
Alternative treatment methods also recommend using good rubbing along with compresses. They can consist of a variety of components to solve the problem of pain, pinching or other pathological processes in the neck. The following recipes are very popular for this:
- Take half a pack of natural butter (72%), mix it with a tablespoon of flour, a beaten egg and 25g of vinegar. The mixture should have a homogeneous consistency, after which it is sent to a dark place for infusion. The resulting composition is rinsed into the painful area, covered with a film for several hours, and then washed off with warm water.
- Grated radish is grated on a coarse grater, in the end you should get about half a glass. Vodka and honey are added in the same amount, ordinary salt is added, 2 tablespoons are enough. After obtaining a homogeneous mass, the composition can be used for grating. The mixture perfectly warms up and relieves pain.
- With severe pain, it is good to use a mixture of ethanol, iodine and camphor alcohol. They are mixed in the ratio of 300 ml: 10 ml: 10 ml. To the resulting composition are added 10 tablets of analgin in crushed form.
If there is a cut or open wound at the place where the rubbing is applied, they cannot be used. It is better to use compresses or other proven methods. Their use is also unacceptable in chronic skin diseases, the aggravation of which such treatment can provoke.
Curing osteochondrosis is not possible with ointments alone, but they are an important part of complex therapy. Different compositions can numb the problem area, reduce inflammation and improve general well-being. The following proven recipes are very popular:
- Take half a pack of high-quality butter (you can replace it with pork fat), add peppermint grass, coriander fruits and birch buds. Apply the resulting ointment to the problem area 23 times a day.
- In a little or fat, add St. John's wort, snake climber root, birch buds. The resulting mixture is to insist a little and use only for its intended purpose.
- Take marigold flowers, mint grass, hop sprouts, meadowsweet flowers, eucalyptus leaves and mix it all with fat. The resulting composition is applied to the painful area.
- Take 6 large bay leaves, mix them with juniper needles (about 1 teaspoon), add 70 g of butter. Grind the mixture well, preferably in a blender, until a homogeneous consistency is obtained and rub onto the sore spot. The composition perfectly relieves pain and soothes the affected area.
Ointments can also be used as compresses if you wear a scarf over them. It is important to fix everything tightly with a bandage, and so that the fabric does not absorb the mixture, a plastic wrap is put on top.
Decoctions from useful plants
Traditional medicine provides not only a local effect on the sore throat, but also taking a lot of homemade medicines inside. If ointments, compresses and rubbing help locally to solve the problem of inflammation and pain, then decoctions, infusions perfectly stimulate the immune system and improve metabolism from the inside.
The most popular recipes are:
- Take about 400g of cranberries and peeled cloves of garlic, a couple of medium sized ones will do. Grind or finely chop them thoroughly and leave in a clean container for a day. After that, add 800 g of honey to the composition and mix until a homogeneous consistency is achieved. The medicine is used in a teaspoon three times a day.
- Take a sunflower root (it is problematic to find it out of season), rinse and dry thoroughly, chop. 150 g, which is added to 3 liters of water, is enough. All this is lit and brought to a boil. The resulting broth is infused for two days, after which it is taken in a tablespoon 30 minutes before meals. It is advisable to prepare a new portion of the drug in advance, so as not to interrupt the course.
- Take 250 g of peeled needles and pour a liter of water. Put all this on fire and cook for half an hour. The resulting broth is cleaned of twigs and divided equally into 6 portions, which must be drunk at intervals of 8–12 hours over a period of three days.
- Dandelion root (about 15 g) is cleaned of dirt, dry shoots and poured half a liter of boiling water. The resulting solution is infused for an hour, after which it is filtered and taken in a tablespoon before meals.
Such decoctions remove salts well from the body, which is easy to understand by the changing color of urine. At the beginning of the process, it becomes almost orange, after which it becomes more transparent once all the harmful components have left the body. However, we should not forget that spicy and salty foods are strictly forbidden for the period of treatment. Decoctions go well with other more conservative methods and support the body in the fight against pathologies. Medicinal herbs such as burdock, couch grass, twine, violets and plants are also used.
With cervical osteochondrosis, warm water to which various components have been added relieves tension, pain and spasms. The procedure is carried out at a temperature in the range of 37–39 ° C, a higher rise in the thermometer is unacceptable. It should be remembered that this is a medical procedure, so it is important not to overdo it. As a useful addition you can use:
- birch leaves,
- needle branches.
The residence time in the water is 10-20 minutes, even if the procedure is carried out for preventive purposes. Due to the optimal temperature and the presence of phytocomponents in the water, muscle tissue relaxes, inflammation decreases, and pain is practically not felt. Such baths are also useful for dizziness, frequent pain and to raise mood, improve the psycho-emotional state.
You can verify the effectiveness of a particular remedy by examining reviews from other patients with a similar condition. Usually patients share recipes, which means helped the most, which turned out to be completely ineffective. One of the most popular treatments are herbal teas. The following fees are used in the fight against osteochondrosis:
- Calendula + chamomile + strawberry + birch leaf + St. John's wort.
- Licorice Root + Yarrow + Peppermint + Calendula.
- Cranberry + thyme + plantain + lemon balm + wild rose + cinquefoil.
- Nettle + chamomile + dried flowers + calendula + dandelion.
- Strawberries + motherwort + pine buds + lime blossom + lavender.
Such fees are sold in pharmacies or herbal shops, and usually when brewing, there is no need to choose the dosage yourself, it is indicated on the package. In most cases, one teaspoon per 350 g of boiling water is sufficient. Drink the drink without adding sugar. Fees are especially effective in the initial stages of the disease.
Traditional medicine uses various ways to combat diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Not only products and herbs are used, but also mud, paraffin, wax and other compounds. As practice shows, they also stop the pain syndrome well, eliminate inflammation, improve blood circulation and allow you to prolong the period of remission.
Healing mud is used in a variety of ways. Usually procedures are carried out in sanatorium conditions or special medical rooms. The exposure time is determined individually. The technique is well suited for preventive purposes.
Popular methods, despite their safety and naturalness, can be harmful if misused. Treatment should be carried out under the strict supervision of specialists, since self-treatment often leads to rapid progression of the pathology. To prevent this from happening, you need to avoid the most common mistakes:
- In the acute phase, neither a heating pad nor a hot compress should be used. Temporary relief does not mean relief, as exposure to heat only spreads inflammation and worsens tissue damage.
- If the patient often has pressure surges, baths and steam rooms are contraindicated for him with cervical osteochondrosis. With a cold, when the body temperature is very high, you can't even walk in it for people without hypertension.
- Traditional medicine recipes that have been shown to be effective for removing salts will not work if the vertebrae are growing.
- In the area of \u200b\u200bthe pathological process, self-massage or other direct effects cannot be carried out, they only worsen the state of health and lead to complications.
These are the most common mistakes made by patients who self-medicate at home or use recipes of traditional medicine. Therefore, it is better to deal with the pathology of the cervical vertebrae together with the attending physician.
How to prevent an exacerbation?
The fight against cervical osteochondrosis can last a long time, and the patient must not only comply with all medical prescriptions, but also exclude all factors provoking an exacerbation. You can protect yourself from deterioration in the following ways:
- In everyday life it is necessary to avoid strains on the spine, not to make sharp turns of the head, squats, bends or quick changes in posture.
- Dress warmly according to the weather to avoid hypothermia of the neck and shoulder girdle, always wear a scarf.
- Constantly do exercises provided for in the framework of physiotherapy exercises, do not miss classes, follow the technology and sequence of actions.
- If professional activity is associated with sitting in one position or at the computer, then every 1. 5 hours you need to take a short break and a simple warm-up to restore blood circulation in the neck.
- Stop drinking alcohol and smoking, as they reduce the body's defenses, provoke complications and worsen the condition.
- Treat acute respiratory diseases and viruses in a timely manner, follow all the doctor's instructions.
- Control body weight, exclude harmful foods and overeating in the evening.
- Refuse hot baths or trips to the bathroom.
- Buy a quality orthopedic mattress with sufficient rigidity.
And also patients should visit a masseur to undergo a therapeutic action on the neck area, which is usually prescribed for 10 days. It is equally important to refuse to carry weights, no more than 5 kg in one hand, otherwise there is a risk of provoking deformation processes in the spine.
Cervical osteochondrosis is a destruction of cartilage tissue, which entails a number of unpleasant consequences. Failure to start the fight on time will result in pinched nerve endings, squeezing of blood vessels, and reduced efficiency. Pathology can be treated not only with medicines, but also with folk remedies. To do this, the most effective methods and recipes that are safe and do not cause allergic reactions are selected.